Saturday, October 23, 2010

Community Events Can Be Frugal

So, our local fire station puts on an open house every year. I know, you're probably saying, whoopee, but I actually look forward to this thing. Let me tell you why and you'll understand my frugal mind. 1. The kids love it and are entertained for like 2 hours straight. It's like going to a theme park in your back yard and you don't even have to pay. 2. It breaks up the same old thing of everyday life. This makes everyone feel better. 3. Since it's in our community, we know most of the people there, so it's like hanging out with your friends, plus your kids think you planned the whole thing and invited their friends. 4. Probably the most important thing, to a frugal person like myself, is that you get a free meal, which means not only did you not have to make it, but it's awesome food like pizza, popcorn, cider and donuts. All it cost you was absolutely nothing. Ah, priceless. And oh ya, somewhere in there the kids learn about something I'm sure. So, be on the lookout for free community events, your library should have that stuff posted and I'm guessing most fire stations do stuff like this around fire safety month.

No comments:

Post a Comment