Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer of Sam I Am


During the summertime, most kids are playing and enjoying their time off of school, and reading books tends to be the farthest thing from their minds. But, local book stores are trying to battle that situation head on. Barnes and Noble and Borders are both offering summer reading programs with incentives. Yes, I said, incentives, I mean, why else would I put it on this blog right. All the kids need to do is read a certain number of books, fill out either of these, here or here, turn the form into the bookstore and boomshakalaka, they receive a free book (from a predetermined list). Borders even let my youngest receive a book even though I just read the required amount of books to him. Though I prefer loving and not fighting, I'm willing to support the battle to get our kids reading. Good luck and God speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment